Go Back   Tax Forum - Payroll, Accounting and Tax Help Forum > State Taxes > Kansas Taxes

We Recommend

Post New Thread  Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes

We Recommend

Old 11-18-2012, 02:50 PM   #1
Junior Member
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1
Rep Power: 0RHONDA R is on a distinguished road
Read. Ask. Learn.
Kansas Tax Number?

Registered users do not see advertisement
how do i go about getting a tax number for my home busniess
RHONDA R is offline   Reply With Quote
We Recommend

Old 11-18-2012, 04:52 PM   #2
Senior Member
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,620
Rep Power: 0Juno is on a distinguished road
Read. Ask. Learn.
“how do i go about getting a tax number for my home business”-----> If you operate a business that requires payment of Kansas tax, you must register with the Kansas Department of Revenue. Unless you establish your business as a sole proprietorship or a general partnership, you must register with the Kansas Secretary of State. When starting a biz, all businesses, including home based businesses, in Kansas are required to identify their business with one of two numbers: either a SSN or an EIN . A SSN can be used on all your government tax id number forms and other tax id number official documents, if you are a sole proprietor, but most small business advisors recommend that you apply for a Federal Tax Id Number (EIN) and use that number instead. Once the federal government issues you a tax identification number , you will have to get a state Tax Id Number from Kansas as well. please visit the Kansas dept of rev website; https://www.accesskansas.org/businesscenter/index.html
Juno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:31 PM   #3
Margaret T
Junior Member
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1
Rep Power: 0Margaret T is on a distinguished road
Read. Ask. Learn.
To obtain an employer id number...Call Tele-TIN number: (800) 829-4933Business & Speciality Tax Line 7:00am -10:00 PM or Fax-TIN number (859) 669-5760 or file with the "Internal Revenue Service Center" at Attn: EIN OperationPhiladelphia, PA 19255

Margaret T is offline   Reply With Quote
While you may find opinions of forum members useful, they don't take the place of professional legal advice. TaxForum.us suggests that you find professional legal help for all your legal questions since every situation is different and depends on your state tax laws.

The information presented on this site comes without any warranty of correctness and, therefore, should not to be relied upon as professional advice. No attorney client relationship is created through use of this site.
Post New Thread  Reply

Special Offers
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT. The time now is 09:58 PM.

Free Tax Help® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Approved TurboTax Affiliate Site
TurboTax and TurboTax Online, among others, are registered trademarks and/or service marks of Intuit Inc. in the United States and other countries. Other parties' trademarks or service marks are the property of the respective owners.
vRewrite 1.5 beta SEOed URLs completed by Tech Help Forum and Chalo Na.